The golf club was opened in 1992 as Banyan Tree Golf Club, hosted the 2009 Thailand Open and was transformed in 2013-14 into an alluring modern layout that elevates it to one of Asia’s top resort courses.
In reinvigorating the course, designer Paul Jansen, formerly with Faldo Designs, has cleverly used the environment to create new green complexes, reshape fairways and enhance water features. Spectacular mountain views and state-of-the-art conditioning have rejuvenated the layout into an exciting eco-friendly golf experience.
The clubhouse and practice facilities also have been upgraded, and cart paths added – enabling cart golf for the first time.
The course appeals to players of all abilities, with a choice of four tee boxes. Fairways are generous, but skillfully contoured and bunkers are few, but carefully positioned, while the greens are undulating with large run-off areas.
The clubhouse features modern amenities with refurbished locker rooms, a well-stocked pro shop and outdoors Banyan Café – a perfect place to enjoy the golf course views over breakfast or lunch. There is an excellent practice area that includes short-game greens and a full-length driving range staffed by PGA professionals.
- Championship tees 6719 yards; blue tees: 6100 yards; white tees 5771 yards; red tees 5227 yards; par 71.
- New cart paths now enable cart golf.
- Eco-friendly course with an abundance of water features and wildlife.
- Excellent practice facilities staffed by PGA professionals
- Refurbished clubhouse immediately adjacent to the course, with outdoor Banyan Café overlooking 18th green.
- Laguna Phuket resort comprises six hotels in an integrated setting on Bang Tao beach, only 20 minutes from Phuket airport.
Contact Laguna Phuket Golf Club
Laguna Phuket Golf Club
34 Moo 4, Srisoonthorn Road, Cherngtalay
Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
Tel +66(0) 76 324 350www.lagunaphuketgolf.com