Playing 7015 yards from the back tees (6527 yards blue and 6147 white), Lotus Valley is a delightful golfing experience. Water on almost every hole makes this a good test of precise shotmaking, without being unduly penal. Place your ball in the right position off the tee and invariably you’ll be well placed for a good score.
The paspalum tees and fairways and Sea Isle greens are always in excellent playing condition and the expansive clubhouse, completed in 2008, is an outstanding example of modern Thai hospitality. Both men’s and ladies’ spacious locker rooms feature Japanese hot baths.
Lotus Valley is a perfect day golf outing from Bangkok. The course can be reached in 60-75 minutes from downtown hotels and is usually uncrowded on weekdays.
- GETTING THERE: Lotus Valley is located in the Lam Luk Ka district, about 50 kilometres north-east of Bangkok. Take the Lam Luk Ka Road off Highway 9 when heading north from Bangkok and proceed along Nakhon Nayok Rural Road, an extension of Lam Luk Ka Rd. The trip from downtown Bangkok will take 60 to 75 minutes, or about 45 minutes from Suvanabhumi International Airport.
- DESIGNER: Originally designed by Gary Player, the routing and design features were left in place when the course was redesigned by renowned architect Jon Morrow and shaper Craig Bertram in 2008. The result is a wonderful blend of innovative design, with water on most holes, and modern features that make every shot challenging and interesting.
- HIGHLIGHTS: Japanese influences on the course provide interesting visual experiences. Extensive rockeries are positioned on numerous holes, especially as edges of the numerous lakes and ponds. The par-5 18th hole is one of the best in Bangkok. Lotus Valley is also the home of Tony Meechai’s golf academy.
- CLUBHOUSE: The large, modern clubhouse features an open-air lobby and a full range of facilities, including Japanese hot baths in men’s and ladies’ locker rooms, and a large restaurant overlooking the 18th green.
- RECOMMENDATION: Weekdays are often uncrowded and the green fees are among the best-value in Bangkok.
Contact Lotus Valley Golf Resort
Lotus Valley Golf Resort, Bangkok
103/1-5, Moo 8 Donkohka,
Tel +66(0) 38 835 555
Fax +66(0) 38 835 556