Opened in 1993, their three nine hole courses were originally designed by Denis Griffiths, the well known international course designer.
New owners took over the club in 2013, and have already spent a considerable amount of funds on re designing the bunkers and tee boxes and up grading the drainage on the Mountain and Ocean courses. Their Lake course is currently closed for a complete redesign and will open in early 2016.
All these upgrades and redesigns are being undertaken by Pirapon Namatra, the leading Thai golf course designer and builder. Namatra also added his magic by creating The Banyan Golf Resort in Hua Hin, Santiburi Samui and more recently Siam Country Club’s Waterside.
The Mountain course has a spectacular view of the famous Buddha Mountain, the Lakes will have many water hazards and ponds along the fairways and the Ocean course offers dramatic views of the Gulf of Thailand and the islands beyond.
The large clubhouse has first class facilities for private and corporate functions. There is an excellent restaurant overlooking the course, serving Thai and continental food. There is also a cafe offering light snacks and soft drinks.
There are large men’s and women’s locker rooms, an exclusive members lounge and a well stocked pros shop.
In addition the clubhouse has a number of meeting and banquet facilities catering for small meetings up to 200 guests for a tournament or for a private function.
- Getting There: Just a short 25 minute drive East of Pattaya city, or approximately 60 minutes from Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport and only 20 minutes to Pattaya’s new U-Tapao airport.
- The Mountain and Ocean courses have been upgraded in the past two years, with new bunkering and tee box positioning.
- The Lakes course is currently undergoing a major re design and will be completed by late November 2015.
- The course is popular for corporate and charity tournaments, and has also hosted several Professional Championships as well, including the 2015 All Thailand Golf Championship.
- Located on a hill overlooking the Gulf of Thailand, the course has excellent new drainage, and is playable within minutes, even after a tropical storm.
- The club has over 1,000 rai of land adjacent to the 27 holes, and will launch Phoenix Gold Real Estate to develop luxury homes.
- The company is expected to be listed on the Thai Stock Exchange in the near future.
Contact Phoenix Gold Golf & Country Club
Phoenix Gold Golf & Country Club
111 Moo 9 Sukhaphiban 2 Road
Tel +66(0) 38 239 400
Fax +66(0) 38 239 414