Tiger Woods, whose club membership is signified by his nameplate on locker No. 1, won the first, the 1997 Asia Honda Classic. The then-21-year-old wooed the gallery by driving the 406-yard, par-4 10th. Few on this planet can match that feat, but it’s fun to try, just as it’s fun to putt on the course’s greens, which roll as true as any in Asia.
- Host course of the Volvo Asian Masters tournament 2005-2008, Asian Honda Classic 1997, Johnnie Walker Super Tour 1998.
- Eight times winner of "Best course in Thailand" at the annual Asian Golf Monthly awards. Named second best course in Asia Pacific in 2011 and second best clubhouse in 2012.
- Signature 6th hole named best par-3 in Asia 2001-2006.
- Named Best Championship Course in Asia 2008.
- GETTING THERE: About an hour by car from downtown, and just 30 easy minutes from the airport.
- TOP GEAR: No clubs? No problem. In fact, you’re probably better off hiring. Thai CC stocks the latest TaylorMade drivers, irons, wedges and putters.
- SIGNATURE SIXTH: The par-3 6th, which plays 230 yards from the tips with water all down the right, is the course’s most photographed hole.
- NOT ON MONDAYS: The club is closed the first day of the week, except on public holidays.
Contact Thai Country Club
Thai Country Club, Bangkok
88 Moo 1
Bangna-Trad Km. 35.5
Tel +66 (0) 38 570 234
Fax +66 (0) 38 570 225